£10,000 compensation for holidaymaker after food poisoning

A holidaymaker who contracted food poisoning whilst on holiday in Egypt has been awarded more than £10,000 compensation.

Stacey Grenfell was on holiday with her fiancé when she started to feel unwell after eating food in her resort in Sharm-el-Sheik. After seeking medical help, Stacey was diagnosed as suffering from a gastric illness. When she returned to the UK, she was still unwell and environmental health experts diagnosed her as having contracted salmonella.

She told dailymail.co.uk: “The cutlery in the buffet restaurant was hardly ever clean and food was sometimes left uncovered and undercooked,’ Stacey said.

“We did notice that the chicken was raw once and that new food was sometimes placed on top of the old food.

“I have never felt so ill in my entire life. I was holidaying with my fiancé’s family and the whole situation was distressing and embarrassing.

“Thankfully we can now put this horrible ordeal behind us. We will certainly never be holidaying at that resort again.”

For further information about personal injury compensation please click here or call 0800 107 3000.

Back to News

Request a Callback

Request a callback and our team will be back in touch as quickly as possible for a free initial consultation. We're continuing to deliver a quality service and our teams are available to take new enquiries and manage existing caseloads via calls and/or video conferencing.